Ippon Australia is a team of true technologists who leverage contemporary thinking and tools to enhance the way our clients drive value. Whether it’s a bespoke platform to improve employee engagement within a national retail chain, or developing an app that provides next level direct customer interaction; value is delivered to our clients when we begin by understanding the business outcomes they desire and then apply our technical expertise to make these a reality.
We are expanding our market offering through the development of a Data Driven Architecture practice and are searching for passionate Data Engineers to join us. The Data practice complements our capabilities in Experience Design and Delivery, as well as Software Engineering and Cloud, further enhancing our ability to deliver comprehensive business outcomes to our clients.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working along side of our clients and be involved in supporting and/or driving the design, build, testing and implantation of data transformation of data pipelines using various tools and technologies. Gathering business requirements by engaging in data sourcing, data gathering and integration processes, as well as developing data pipelines using Big Data technologies.
Skills and Experience:
- Exposure or experience in large scale data transformation
- Experience in design and solution of high-quality data processing pipelines
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses with a closely integrated system providing or consuming data
- Knowledge and exposure to Big Data technologies and Cloud Big Data warehouses such as RedShift, and Snowflake
- Experience in Data Engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment preferred
- Experience with SQL, Python, and open-source data tooling (Apache Kafka, Spark, ETL processing, etc.)
- Experience in data modelling, analysis, and profiling preferred
At Ippon, we see things differently both in terms of how we work with our clients and how we engage with our people. As we are a relatively small team, albeit part of a global consultancy, we are focussed on quality, not quantity, when it comes to both our clients and our people. From a client perspective, we work with a select group of enterprises that genuinely value the innovation and value that we deliver.
From a people perspective we pay market leading salaries. But we also understand that professional fulfilment is not just about money. We actively support ongoing development in the form of training, attendance at conferences, etc, and we provide staff with the opportunity to contribute to the development and strategic direction of the business. Work life balance is key and we are a flexible organisation, offering 4 day a week option to support your personal and professional development.
Ippon is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our diversity everyday.